Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love tuna salad..all different ways. This is my own version of this popular salad. Sometimes I eat it on lettuce leaves like a fajita, other times I have it on rye bread with swiss cheese and lettuce. Bagels make a nice sandwich for tuna salad too. Hope you enjoy.
- 1 (12 ounce) can solid white tuna packed in water
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna in olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup celery
- 1⁄4 cup carrot
- 1⁄4 onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian salad dressing (Ken's)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon sweet relish
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle
- salt and pepper
- Drain and rinse the tuna and mix together. Mash to the texture you like.
- Chop the celery, carrot and onion to 1/4 cup each.
- Chop the dill pickles to 1-2 tablespoons.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Salt and pepper to taste.