Recipe by craftymama
I found this recipe in a Rachael Ray Magazine. It is easy and very tasty.
Top Review by bricookie55
This is good cake! My husband isn't too crazy about chocolate so I left the chips off the top and only put them in the middle. He loved it! He said it was just perfect and pretty much ate the whole cake himself. Thanks for posting.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (room temperature)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven 350.
- in a medium bowl mix together salt, flour, baking powder and baking soda set aside.
- in a small bowl mix together 1/4 cup of sugar and cinnamon set aside.
- use a mixer and beat butter and 1 cup of sugar together until mixture is fluffy beat in eggs one at a time, then beat in sour cream and vanilla. Next fold in flour mixture in two parts.
- pour half of the batter in a greased 8-inch square baking pan sprinkle half the cinnamon mixture and half of the chocolate chips on top. pour the remaining batter on top and sprinkle the remaining cinnamon and chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown toothpick should come out clean.