This recipe fills up a 9x13 pan completely. I am testing recipes for a large gathering so I made this. The two of us eat some every day and will be very sorry when it is gone! I've been eating on crackers, DH with tostada chips. This is delicious. I found it on another recipe site and I don't know who Janet is, but she is an excellent cook!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans refried beans
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili with beans (I used beans) or 2 (16 ounce) cans chili without beans (I used beans)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 bunch scallion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies (Original recipe says to your taste. The entire can worked just right for me)
- 1 (24 ounce) jar salsa (I used medium heat and chunky, original recipe says hot or mild)
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded mild cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix the cream cheese and refried beans together well and spread with a spatula into a 9X13 baking pan.
- Spread the 2 cans of chili over the bean mixture.
- Pour the jar of salsa over the chili.
- Sprinkle the diced green chilies over the salsa.
- Sprinkle the onions over the green chilies.
- Sprinkle both cheeses over the onions.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.
- NOTE: Janet uses the microwave for 15 minutes or until the cheese is just melted.
- I used the oven.