Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Is a comfort food on a rainy day, You can tailor the recipe your own way! Simple and easy to do, I HOPE you'll take the time and enjoy it too!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 -4 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 mashed rotten bananas
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip, in mixture (optional)
- 1 cup melted chocolate chips, on top when still warm (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, in mixture (optional)
- CREAM together: Butter, Sugar, Eggs, Sour Cream, Vanilla, Bananas.
- MIX together: Flour, Baking Powder, Baking Soda.
- FOLD Flour mixture to Cream together mixture.
- Bake in oven 180 degrees for approximately 20-30 minutes until Golden on top and toothpick comes out clean when tested.
- ***Let your creativity take you away!***
- Am SURE you'll enjoy this forever and a day!
Great banana bread. Sour Cream really makes it. Made for AZ recipe swap.
Thanks Mickey for a great banana bread recipe. I loved that fact of using sourcream to make it truly delish~and moist. Made for RecipeTag 08.
I made as directed except that I did not have sour cream so I substituted plain yogurt. I used a 20ml tbsp (American measure) instead of the Australian 15ml, the mixture was fairly wet and took much longer than 20 - 30 minutes; I cooked it for an hour and put foil on top after about 30 minutes so that the top wouldn't burn. I also added the 1/2 cup choc chips. The final result is a very tasty and moist cake. The recipe did not say what size pan to cook it in but it was a lot of mixture so I baked it in a square 7" pan. If I make the loaf again I will try two loaf pans as I think it will cook faster. Given there are so many Banana Breads I would like to try a few more before making this again.