Recipe by janetgran51
Got a few apples starting to go soft? Cold winter day when something quick and warm would go great after dinner? This certainly fills the bill for us!
Top Review by Susie D
While this tasted good, my diners thought it would have benefited from a juicier filling. The topping was great, but the lack of moisture in the apples rendered the overall flavor dry. Pairing it with ice cream helped. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
- 4 cups sliced pared tart apples or 4 medium tart apples
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease square pan, 8x8x2" or round deep dish pie pan. Place apple slices in pan. Mix remainder of ingredients thoroughly and sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm and, if desired, with lifht cream or ice cream.
- Substitute 1 can (1 pound 5 ounces) cherry pie filling for the apples, reduce brown sugar to 2/3 cup.