Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Got a few apples starting to go soft? Cold winter day when something quick and warm would go great after dinner? This certainly fills the bill for us!
- 4 cups sliced pared tart apples or 4 medium tart apples
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup butter, softened
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease square pan, 8x8x2" or round deep dish pie pan. Place apple slices in pan. Mix remainder of ingredients thoroughly and sprinkle over apples.
- Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm and, if desired, with lifht cream or ice cream.
- Substitute 1 can (1 pound 5 ounces) cherry pie filling for the apples, reduce brown sugar to 2/3 cup.
While this tasted good, my diners thought it would have benefited from a juicier filling. The topping was great, but the lack of moisture in the apples rendered the overall flavor dry. Pairing it with ice cream helped. Thank you for sharing the recipe!
Easy, quick and delicious. Just the right amount of topping and great with ice cream on top.<br/>Made for PAC Spring 2013.