Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My teaching partner, Jane, always claims she can't cook, and then she produces "gems," like these easy, buttery, wonderful coconut sugar cookies, which everyone devours! Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine butter, oil, soda, powder, extract, sugar, and salt.
- Add flour, coconut, and macadamias (if using).
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls, and place on cookie sheet.
- Use a glass, dipped in the remaining cookie dough (to "grease"), then dip in sugar, and flatten cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Cool for approximately 1 minute on cookie sheet, then remove to wire rack.
This is a true 5 star recipe!! I cannot believe it's never been reviewed! This awesome eggless cookie is light, yet crispy, melts in your mouth and has a beautiful buttery taste. Believe me you can't eat just one!! I did not use the nuts, but rolled the dough into balls and then into coarse colored sugar and hand pressed them flat - my new favorite cookie - everyone at work scarfed them up!!