Recipe by WaCookinFool
This recipe came from my mother, Jane Hand, when I asked her for her best recipes so that I could save them for my daughters. Not being a PB cookie lover, I set this aside until needing a sweet for work. My co-workers raved about it. I had lost the recipe until today so now that I have found it, I figured I had better post it for posterity. Enjoy! A recent reviewer thought the temp was too high so I have adjusted. New temp and time is listed.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups chunky peanut butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 5 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 -2 cup peanuts
- 2 (12 ounce) packages peanut butter chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixer, cream together the margarine, shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and eggs.
- Into a bowl sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed ingredients in the mixer until just combined.
- Add the peanuts and peanut butter chips until just combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, place dough onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown.