Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This chili is the best I've ever had. My husband will eat it for 3 meals in a row (with the leftovers).
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs ground beef (you can use a leaner meat if you'd like)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) cancan dark red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) cancan beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) cancan diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper (if you want more spice, add 2)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Ground the beef in a pan until cooked through. Drain and add to the crock pot.
- Add the pinto beans, kidney beans, beef broth and diced tomatoes to the crock pot.
- Dice the onion, green pepper, jalapeno.
- Heat a pan with the olive oil and add the onion, green pepper and jalapeno until the onion started to caramelize/brown.
- Add the chili powder, oregano and cumin. Mix. Next add the tomato paste and mix. Add to the crock pot.
- Cook for 4 hours on high, 6-7 hours on low.