4 hrs 20 mins
This chili is the best I've ever had. My husband will eat it for 3 meals in a row (with the leftovers).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2-2 lbs ground beef (you can use a leaner meat if you'd like)
- 1 (14 ounce) can pinto beans (drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can can dark red kidney beans (drained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can can beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper (if you want more spice, add 2)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Ground the beef in a pan until cooked through. Drain and add to the crock pot.
- 2Add the pinto beans, kidney beans, beef broth and diced tomatoes to the crock pot.
- 3Dice the onion, green pepper, jalapeno.
- 4Heat a pan with the olive oil and add the onion, green pepper and jalapeno until the onion started to caramelize/brown.
- 5Add the chili powder, oregano and cumin. Mix. Next add the tomato paste and mix. Add to the crock pot.
- 6Cook for 4 hours on high, 6-7 hours on low.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jane's Best Crock Pot Chili
Serving Size: 1 (442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.6
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 116.6 mg
- Sodium 1351.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 20.9 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 55.0 g