Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Found this recipe in the local paper. It has become a regular ever since. It can be used with Pork as well as Chicken. Amounts of ingredients can be varied to suit your own taste. Prep. time can be kept to a minimum.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken (cut-up)
- 1⁄3 cup prepared Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Place chicken in 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- In a bowl blend together the mustard, lemon juice, honey, soy sauce and curry.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake covered in 350 degree oven approximately 1 hour.
- Sauce may be served over rice if desired.
This was very nice. I love 1 pot dishes. Next time I will half the soy sauce as we found it a little bit salty.
Nice combination! the soy and lemon makes it lighter and sharper than most honey-mustard sauces. I was skimpy with the curry powder, and wished I had been a bit skimpier yet - I think it was a pretty nippy brand, but still, you might want to apply it with discretion. Highly recommend the rice to soak up the sauce.
Different and easy. An unusual combination for some. I liked it better than my husband did. I think it will make a good leftover though.