Recipe by ThinOne
A deliciously creamy, well balanced enchilada-like flavor blend that children and adults can't get enough of. My children's grandmother made this favorite for them frequently. She has left us and this act of love is being preserved here for easy access.
- 4 whole chicken breasts
- 1 dozen corn tortilla
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 (4 ounce) can Ortega green chili salsa
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Wrap chicken in aluminum foil and bake @ 400 for 1 hour. Cool, debone and cut into bite size pieces.
- Cut tortillas into strips and set aside. Mix soups, milk, onion & chili salsa.
- Butter a 9"X13" baking dish.
- Place a layer of tortilla strips on the bottom, then a layer of chicken.
- Spoon salsa/soup mix & half of the cheese over the chicken layer.
- Repeat, making 2-3 layers. End with liquid on top and then top with remaining cheese.
- Let stand in refrigerator 24 hours.
- Bake next day @ 300 til bubbly. (about 30 minutes).