Recipe by ChefOnTheMoon
Even rerolled cookies are tender IF you use a mixture of flour and powdered sugar when rerolling the dough.
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, soft
- 1⁄3 cup shortening (Crisco)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat well.
- Add dry ingredients; beat well. Divide dough in half -- cover and chill about 3 hours. Working with half the dough at a time -- on a lightly prepared surfae ( flour mixed with powdered sugar) roll to 1/8” thickness.
- Cut into desired shapes. Place on an UNGREASED cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 7 to 8 minutes -- or until done. (when edges start to brown). Cool slightly and remove to a wire rack to cool. Makes 36 to 48 cookies.
- Frost when cool and decorate if desired. *** I like to make these in small stars and hearts to tuck in a cookie tray. Also like the edible glitter on them.
- Sifted powdered sugar -- 2 cups -- gradually add a couple Tablespoons of milk and mix well -- adding more milk to get the desired consistency -- should be spreadable not runny. If too thin. add more powdered sugar. If
- desired -- divide frosting and tint with a toothpick dipped in food coloring to get the desired delicate shade you desire. Immediately top with sprinkles, edible glitter etc. Allow several hours for the frosting to harden. I leave them over-night. Enjoy!