Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is from Tarla Dalal's Delicious Diabetic Low Cal cookbook. Jamun has a sharp and tangy taste hence most folks avoid it. However, it is a blessing for diabetics because it contains the enzyme 'jamboline' which helps to control the blood sugar levels. Use sweet and ripe jamuns that are soft and pulpy for best results. You can serve this raita with a pulao or as a dip with fat free khakras. Enjoy! Note: Please follow the low fat yoghurt for diabetics recipe I've posted separately. You may use black grapes or pomegranates instead of jamuns to make this raita.
- 1⁄2 cup ripe black jamuns, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup low-fat yogurt, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon roasted jeera powder (cumin)
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Combine all the ingredients except for yoghurt in a bowl and mix well.
- Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Add yoghurt and mix well.
- Refrigerate and serve chilled.