- 20 cooked crepes (, see Chocolate Dessert Crepes or # 19097)
- 1 (6 ounce) semisweet chocolate bars, broken into chunks or grated
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons rum
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- whipped cream (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan melt the chocolate (low heat).
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, beating very thoroughly after egg yolk is added Remove from heat, add rum& coffee powder.
- In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until frothy, gradually add sugar, beat until stiff.
- Stir a small amount of egg white into the chocolate& then fold the chocolate into the egg whites.
- Fill the cooked crepes, fold over& chill.
- If you wish serve with whipped cream.