Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Betty Crocker.
- 2 pints coffee ice cream, slightly softened
- 3⁄4 cup hot fudge topping
- coffee-flavored chocolate decorative candies or chocolate-covered coffee beans, if desired
COFFEE PAT-IN-PAN PIE CRUST
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 2 teaspoons powdered instant coffee (dry)
- COFFEE PAT-IN-PAN PIE CRUST:.
- Heat oven to 400°F Mix all ingredients until dough forms. Press firmly and evenly against bottom and side of pie plate, 9 x 1 1/4 inches. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light brown. Cool completely.
- Bake Coffee Pat-in-Pan Pie Crust. Spread 1 pint of the ice cream in pie crust; cover and freeze about 1 hour or until firm.
- Spread hot fudge topping over ice cream in pie crust; carefully spread remaining pint of ice cream over topping. Cover and freeze at least 1 hour until firm but no longer than 2 weeks.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before cutting. Garnish with whipped topping and candies just before serving. Store covered in freezer.