1/2 Photos of Jamocha Bread
2 hrs 25 mins
This tasty bread is not too sweet and goes great with your morning coffee! Delicious plain, with a little cream cheese, toasted with butter, or made into French toast. Created for the ZWT9 Coffee Challenge....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Warm the coffee to about 100 degrees (30 seconds or so in the microwave but don't make it too hot).
- 2Put the warm coffee, orange juice, sugar, and salt into a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir together, then sprinkle the yeast on top.
- 3Add the yogurt, egg, flour, cocoa powder and cinnamon. By hand, mix well and knead for 10 minutes OR knead with the dough hook of the mixer for 5 minutes.
- 4With the oven off, place the bowl of dough on the middle rack. On the rack below, put a bowl of hot water. Cover the dough bowl with towel. Leave in closed oven for 1 hour, until the dough has risen double in size.
- 5Spray your loaf pan with cooking spray. Put the dough on a floured cutting board and knead two or three times. Press the dough into a rectangle that is as long as your loaf pan and twice as wide. Roll the dough into a tube and place seam side down in the loaf pan, pressing lightly so the dough fills the pan.
- 6Allow to rise again for 1 hour, using the same method as the first rise.
- 7Remove the dough from the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Bake the bread for 5 minutes at 400 degrees, then lower heat to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 2 minutes, then remove and place on a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamocha Bread
Serving Size: 1 (57 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.9
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 11.9 mg
- Sodium 152.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g