Recipe by Swan Valley Tammi
From Taste of Home magazine. I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks absolutely delicious -- like having dessert for breakfast!! And it's quite simple. (like, simple enough for even ME to want to make first thing in the morning!!) The recipe calls for Cinnamon Raisin bread, but you can use whatever kind you want or have on hand, of course.
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 slices cinnamon-raisin bread (thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam or 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- syrup (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread; spread jam on the other. Place jam side down over cream cheese.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip both sides of sandwich into egg.
- In a skillet, melt margarine; cook sandwich for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup and garnish with fresh fruit and/or whipped cream, if desired.