Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Taste of Home magazine. I haven't tried this one yet, but it looks absolutely delicious -- like having dessert for breakfast!! And it's quite simple. (like, simple enough for even ME to want to make first thing in the morning!!) The recipe calls for Cinnamon Raisin bread, but you can use whatever kind you want or have on hand, of course.
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 slices cinnamon-raisin bread (thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons strawberry jam or 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- syrup (optional)
- Spread cream cheese on one slice of bread; spread jam on the other. Place jam side down over cream cheese.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg. Dip both sides of sandwich into egg.
- In a skillet, melt margarine; cook sandwich for 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup and garnish with fresh fruit and/or whipped cream, if desired.
I made this the other day for breakfast, it was awsome! I used low fat cream cheese, sugar free strawberry jam and egg beaters. This recipe is a real keeper!