Recipe by LaJuneBug
From Penzys Spices cookie recipies. Posted times do not include 1/2 hour to chill the dough.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons jam (strawberry, apricot, or any flavor you have)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (for sprinkling, can use cinnamon or vanilla sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugard, then add the flkour, milk and vanilla. Mix to make a soft but not-too sticky dough. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Roll out the cooled dough to approximately 1/4 inch thick, cut out rounds and place on a greased cooking pan. Spread a little of the jam onto the base and then place another round with your shape cut-out on top.
- Try not to re-roll the dough too often as it will become hard. Sprinkle generously with (flavored) sugar and bake at 375F for 10-12 minutes, until just golden brown.