Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are called Maids of Honour in the real world, but my kids like to call them jammy jobs and the name has stuck. They are little jam tarts with a light sponge topping. Very morish, so much so that I have to double the recipe every time!
- 6 ounces shortcrust pastry (I make my own but you could always use shop bought)
- 2 ounces margarine or 2 ounces butter
- 2 ounces caster sugar
- 2 ounces self raising flour
- 1 egg
- Roll out pastry thinly cutting rounds using a 3" cutter and line 16-18 pastry tins.
- Place a little jam in each.
- Cream margarine and sugar,.
- Fold in beaten egg and flour.
- Place a small spoonful of mixture into each case sealing in the jam.
- Bake in a moderatly hot oven 200c 400f Gas 6 for 15-20 minutes.
Simple, cute and yummy! I didn't feel like rolling out dough, so I just kind of pressed the dough into muffin tins. I had to make extra for the cake topping, but that was probably my inability to convert from oz. to cups properly - it wasn't a problem to make more, however, since it was so simple. I topped them with powdered sugar. Thanks for sharing!