Recipe by Wendy-Bob
This is basically a jam sandwich cooked like french toast. You can use any jam you like but raspberry is my fave so for the sake of this recipe that's what I'm listing. Lovely!
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat the egg, sugar and vanilla in a shallow dish.
- Make up your jam sandwich with the bread and jam. Cut the crusts off if you wish (I do!).
- Soak the sandwich in the egg mixture until it has all been absorbed into the sandwich.
- Heat a knob of butter in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Fry for 1 - 2 minutes on each side or until lovely and golden.
- Serve immediately.