Recipe by Sandy in Dayton
I got this recipe from the food network - I watched Aaron McCargo Jr. make them and they looked and sounded so great I had to make them. Easy to do and I fixed as written except I did not have grapeseed oil so I used olive oil and eliminated the buns (strictly personal taste). I did not add any salt to either part of the recipe, and I thought they tasted great, but again that is my personal taste. We had a get together and there are some picky eaters (who would not eat fish if there was a gun to their heads) so I made a second batch where I substituted canned chicken breast and used lime zest (have one lemon hater too) and they turned out great too. I served both the salmon and chicken version with Merlotïs Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes (Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes) and lazyme Roasted New Potatoes with Red Onions (Roasted New Potatoes With Red Onions) it was an awesome meal with no leftovers. The dill mayo is fantastic and can be used just about any place you would use mayo.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill leaves
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1⁄2 vidalia onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 tablespoons dill mayonnaise (see below)
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cansalaska boneless skinless pink salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- For the Dill Mayonnaise:.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- For the Burgers:.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, combine the parsley, onions, eggs, panko, black pepper, salt, lemon zest, and Dill Mayonnaise together. Add drained salmon and mix together. Make 4 patties and set aside.
- In a large ovenproof skillet on medium, heat 2 tablespoons of grapeseed oil. Place burger in skillet. Cook over medium heat until browned. Turn and brown other side. Place in oven for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Serve on buns with Dill Mayonnaise.