Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients and stir until well blended.
- Store mixture in an air-tight container.
- To use: Rub the seasoning on meat, or use as the base of a marinade.
Can hardly wait to try this blend. Made this recipe for 2003 xmas homemade gifts for friends and family.
Oh this was so-o-o good! We used it with Nurse Di's Jamaican Chicken Hoagies and it was a hit with the whole family. Thanks, Dancer. Carole in Orlando
AWSOME spice blend! Finally real Jamaican flavor and spice WITHOUT too much HEAT! WHY do so many Americans think "spicy" has to mean HOT... it doesn't! I use this wonderful blend every time I grill a steak and sometimes as a dry rub on pork or beef spare ribs too! It is my favorite rub with a flavor that can't be beat!