Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Use your favorite flavors of jams or satisfy you entire family with just one batch of muffins
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, unbleached
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 teaspoons strawberry jam or 12 teaspoons raspberry jam or 12 teaspoons apricot jam or 12 teaspoons other favorite jam or 12 teaspoons preserves
- Preheat oven to 400*.
- Lightly butter, spray or line with paper liners.12 muffins cups and set aside.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl -- stir to blend well.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs and vanilla until smooth.
- Add to the dry ingredients all at once and fold just until evenly moistened -- please, do not overmix.
- Divide the batter evenly the muffin cups.
- Make a small hollow in the batter with the tip of a teaspoon and spoon 1 tsp jam into each hollow.
- Bake until the tops are golden and the edges pull away from the sides of the cups -- 20-22 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack before removing from pans.