I can't believe this recipe hasn't been posted! Jammie Dodgers are really yummy biscuits (cookies) that are popular in U.K., I always associate them with parties when I was little. They're like linzer cookies but thicker and more kid-friendly. This recipe was originally from the Australian taste.au site but I've changed it slightly to make them taste more authentic. Preparation time includes chilling.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the butter and sugar togerther until pale and fluffy, then stir in flour and cornstarch to form a dough, adding more flour if necessary.
- 2Chill the dough wrapped in cling film for 20 minutes, then roll out to about 5mm thick (I find it easier to do this between two sheets of cling film or greaseproof baking paper).
- 3Cut out 12 rounds (about 2 1/2 inch), then cut a smaller heart shape (ot circle if you can't find a cutter) in the centre, about an inch in size. Re-roll dough if needed using the scraps to make 12 more 2 1/2 inch rounds.
- 4Bake for 8-10 minutes, then cool on a wire rack. When cooled, sandwich together with a little bit of warmed jam and sprinkle with a bit of sugar of you like.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jammie Dodgers (Jam Sandwich Cookies)
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.8
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 1.1 g