1 hr 18 mins
1 hr 10 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put the butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
- 2Sift in the flour, baking powder and 1/2 tsp salt and combine with a spatula to form a soft dough.
- 3Divide the dough into two balls and flatten each half in a disc. Wrap in clingfilm and chill for 1 hour to firm up.
- 4Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180C, fan 160C and line three large baking sheets with nonstick baking paper. Dust a clean work surface generously with flour, then remove one disc from the fridge and cut it in half (this will make it easier to roll). Roll out one half at a time to around 1/2cm (1/4in) thick. Using a round 7.5cm (3 1/4in) biscuit cutter, stamp out 10 rounds from each half. Transfer the rounds to the baking trays with a palette knife, leaving a small gap between each one.
- 5Using a 6-6.5cm (2 1/2 - 2 3/4 in) star-shaped biscuit cutter, stamp out star shapes in the middle of half the biscuits. Repeat with the remaining chilled dough to make about 40 biscuits - 20 bases and 20 with stars stamped out. You will need an even number of bases and star-shaped rounds for sandwiching the biscuits.
- 6Bake for 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden. Leave to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 7To make the buttercream filling, combine the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric whisk until light and soft. It may feel a little stiff at first, but continue beating and the mixture will eventually come together.
- 8To assemble the biscuits, spread a teaspoon of buttercream over the base of each whole biscuit. Top the layer of buttercream with a layer of jam, putting most of the jam in the centre, and just a thin covering at the edges. Gently press the stamped-out star biscuits on top and dust with a little icing sugar.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jammie Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (1579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.5
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 47.9 mg
- Sodium 125.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 23.3 g
- Protein 3.5 g