Recipe by Jamilahs_Kitchen
I had to post this dough recipe separate because it's now my favorite dough. Use for all your pies and pizza's.
Top Review by UmmIbrahim
This really is the best dough recipe I have come across, and the only one I plan to use for now on. It is very simple to make, even for a hopeless bread maker like myself! The dough turns out soft and delicious. It will make all your favorite recipes which require dough even better.
- 1 (7 g) packet dry active yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the sugar in the ¼ cup water. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let ferment and bubble.
- In a large bowl combine the yeast, flour, salt, olive oil, egg, and warm milk. Knead until a soft dough is formed. Dough will be slightly sticky, so always make sure your hands have a little olive oil on them.
- Lightly grease the same bowl with olive oil. Return the dough to the bowl, cover with a clean cloth and leave in a warm dry place for at least 2 hours, until doubled.