Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was developed by Jamika Pessoa, one of the finalists on "The Next Food Network Star" television show. She prepared this dish for the editor of Good Housekeeping, along with the panel of weekly judges, and her recipe won top honors in this particular challenge.
- Adjust oven rack so it is 6 inches from heat source. Preheat broiler.
- From limes, grate 1/2 teaspoon peel and squeeze 3 tablespoons juice. In large bowl, stir lime peel and juice, chili sauce, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard until blended. Reserve 3 tablespoons of mixture to glaze salmon; set remainder aside.
- Arrange salmon on foil-lined rack in broiling pan. Spray with Pam, if desired. Place pan in oven and broil 5 minutes. Brush salmon with reserved chili-sauce mixture and broil 4-5 minutes longer or until salmon is opaque throughout.
- Meanwhile, peel and core pineapple, then cut into 1/2-inch chunks. (You should have about 3 cups.) Add the cut-up pineapple to bowl with the remaining chili-sauce mixture and toss to coat.
- To serve, divide spinach among 4 dinner plates. Top each with 1 piece salmon fillet and 3/4 cup pineapple. Drizzle pineapple juices over spinach and serve.
Easy to make and very healthy. I kept to the recipe execpt changed the serving order. It was a perfect recipe for a summer nights dinner, when a heavy dish isn't what you want. Just a fast and filling dinner, yet healthy. Only suggestion I can make is taste you pineapple, if it's not sweet then add some sweetner into the "glaze/dressing". Thanks so much for the yummy recipe TasteTester
This is one of our go-to recipes that we make every couple weeks or so. I've also made it with tilapia. To save time, I just buy a can of pineapple chunks and drain them. For extra spice, I've added a teaspoon or so of chili garlic paste to the marinade. So easy, so quick, so healthy and so delicious.
We made this exactly according to the recipe. WOW, So easy and it tasted like a gourmet meal. Very good looking dish too. It made me swoon with each bite. I would love to have more recipe's from Jamika. Thank you for this one it will be made over and over again.