Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
A tasty and light end to any meal.
- 100 g butter
- 225 g superfine sugar
- 225 g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs
- 2 medium oranges
- 225 g polenta
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- good pinch salt
- creme fraiche, to taste
- almond liqueur, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 190 C or 375 F.
- Butter and flour a 9 inch springform cake tin.
- Beat the butter until it becomes pale and soft.
- Pour in the sugar and beat until light and creamy.
- Stir in the almonds and vanilla.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating thoroughly before adding the next one.
- Zest and juice the oranges and fold into the batter, along with polenta, baking powder and salt.
- Spoon into the buttered cake tin.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with creme fraiche and a drizzling of almond liqueur.