4 hrs 10 mins
Recipe Junkie's Note:
Jamie Deen's recipe From Paula's Home Cooking on the Food Network
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb mixed ground beef or 1 lb sausage, browned and drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole canned tomatoes
- ground cumin
- chili powder
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package chili seasoning mix
- shredded cheddar cheese or sour cream or chopped green onion, for garnish
- 1In a skillet brown ground beef and sausage, drain and set aside.
- 2Spray large pot with nonstick cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- 3Add the onion, green pepper, and celery and saute briefly.
- 4Stir in the diced and whole tomatoes.
- 5Add cumin and chili powder, to taste, and cook for about 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Add the beans, browned meat, and chili seasoning.
- 7Partially cover, and let simmer for 4 hours.
- 8Serve with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamie's Chili ( Paula Deen )
Serving Size: 1 (439 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.5 mg
- Sodium 770.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 23.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix