Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Canadian Jamie Salé and her partner David Pelletier won the Olympic Gold medal for pairs figure skating.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (16 ounce) canmaple baked beans
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- Cook ground beef in large saucepot on medium-high heat 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove ground beef from saucepot. Drain fat, leaving 1 tablespoon drippings in saucepot.
- Add onion, bell peppers, carrots, celery and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Stir in spices and remaining ingredients. Bring to boil; cover. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with tortilla chips, rice or cheese toast, if desired.
We enjoyed this but only after I doctored it up. It really was lacking in flavor after it was all put together that I just had to add a bit more spice. So I threw in some salt, cumin, coriander and a splash of vinegar. Once those were added we just loved it. I served it with cornbread. Thanks for posting. :)