Recipe by **Jubes**
A Jamie Oliver recipe from Ministry of Food cookbook Easy to make yourself- any leftovers are suggested to be placed in a small container and covered in a layer of oil- store in the fridge.
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 inches fresh gingerroot, ginger piece suggested size of your thumb- peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 dried red chilies
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 fresh red chilies
- 1⁄4 cup coriander leaves, chopped roughly
Directions See How It's Made
- Put a frying pan on a medium to high heat and add the black peppercorns, cloves, coriander seeds and fenugreek seeds to the dry pan. Lightly toast them for a few minutes until golden brown and smelling delicious, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the toasted spices to a pestle and mortar and grind until fine, or put them into a food processor and whiz to a powder.
- Either way, when you’ve ground them whiz the toasted spices in a food processor with the rest of the ingredients until you have a smooth paste.