1 hr 15 mins
I saw this on Jamie Oliver's naked chef and just had to post it on here to see the nutritional content of this, being on a calorie controlled diet! Fingers crossed!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 190c/375f/Gas 5.
- 2Line the bottom of a 20 or 25cm/8 or 10" tin with a piece of greaseproof paper before buttering the bottom and sides, then dusting with flour.
- 3Place the nuts into a food processor and whizz up until finely ground.
- 4Add the chocolate and cocoa, and whizz for 30 seconds to break up the chocolate.
- 5Put to one side in a separate bowl.
- 6Add the butter and sugar to the food processor and beat until pale and fluffy.
- 7At this point, add the egg yolks one at a time, then mix together with the chocolate and nuts.
- 8In another bowl beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt, until they form stiff peaks.
- 9Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate, butter and nut mix.
- 10Pour all the mixture into the tin.
- 11Bake in the preheated oven for around an hour.
- 12To test if the torte is cooked, insert a cocktail stick or the tip of a knife for five seconds.
- 13When removed, it should be reasonably clean.
- 14Serve with whipped cream, ice-cream or creme fraiche.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamie Oliver's Two-Nuts Chocolate Torte
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 798.6
- Calories from Fat 681
- Total Fat 75.6 g
- Saturated Fat 33.5 g
- Cholesterol 226.7 mg
- Sodium 317.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.0 g
- Sugars 14.7 g
- Protein 18.1 g