Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I saw this recipe on Discovery Travel called "Jamie at Home". Very simple recipe!
Make and share this Jamie Oliver's Strawberry Jam recipe from Food.com.
- Put the strawberries in a large shallow mixing bowl. Sprinkle the caster sugar on top.
- Mix in the strawberries and the sugar until well coated.
- With your hand scrunch up the sugared strawberries until it turn into rough mush and pulpy, and the sugar dissolved.
- Pour the mixture to a sauce pan and bring to boil, after that simmer for 30 minutes.
- Skim off any foam during the cooking process.
- Let cool and put it in a sterilized jars.
ever since seeing that show and trying this recipe it is the ONLY strawberry jam allowed in our house *LOL* and we are slowly converting our extended family also! It makes a wonderfully soft jam, and it freezes well. so I make a batch up whenever I find a good price on berries thru out the summer.