Recipe by Asura
I saw this recipe on Discovery Travel called "Jamie at Home". Very simple recipe!
Top Review by Elvishdreamer
ever since seeing that show and trying this recipe it is the ONLY strawberry jam allowed in our house *LOL* and we are slowly converting our extended family also! It makes a wonderfully soft jam, and it freezes well. so I make a batch up whenever I find a good price on berries thru out the summer.
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the strawberries in a large shallow mixing bowl. Sprinkle the caster sugar on top.
- Mix in the strawberries and the sugar until well coated.
- With your hand scrunch up the sugared strawberries until it turn into rough mush and pulpy, and the sugar dissolved.
- Pour the mixture to a sauce pan and bring to boil, after that simmer for 30 minutes.
- Skim off any foam during the cooking process.
- Let cool and put it in a sterilized jars.