Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Jamie's delicious tomato soup is made easy with the help of a jar of pasta sauce - easy! This soup is also freezable.
- 2 cups tomato and chili pasta sauce
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ounce fresh cilantro, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ripe tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups vegetable broth
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Put the onion, garlic, carrot and cilantro stalks into a large pot with the olive oil. Cover and cook gently for 10 mins, stirring regularly to prevent colouring.
- Meanwhile, drop the tomatoes into boiling water for a minute or two. Take them out, run them under the cold tap, then pinch the skins off, discard, and roughly chop the flesh. Add to the pan with broth and pasta sauce. Simmer for another 20 mins with the lid on.
- Whiz your soup in a blender, then pour it back in the pan and season well. Serve with a sprinkling of cilantroleaves and a few chopped chili peppers if you dare!