1/4 Photos of Jamie Olivers Pasta Carbonara
Karen Elizabeth's Note:
Posted in response to a query about the best way to prepare carbonara. I use Jamie Olivers recipe for Penne Carbonara, which is in "Happy Days With The Naked Chef". This is another of his recipes, using the same technique with slightly different ingredients. I have always found Jamies recipes to be simple and easy to prepare, I enjoy his cheerful approach to cooking! Hope that you enjoy it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the farfalle, and cook according to the packet instructions.
- 2Whisk the egg in a bowl with the cream, salt and pepper.
- 3Put the pancetta or bacon into a second pan and cook until crispy and golden.
- 4When the farfalle is nearly cooked, add the peas for the last minute and a half. This way they will burst in your mouth and be lovely and sweet.
- 5When cooked, drain in a colander, saving a little of the cooking water.
- 6Add the pasta to the pancetta and stir in most of the mint, finely sliced - if the pan isn't big enough, mix it all together in a large warmed bowl.
- 7Now add the egg and cream mix to the pasta. What's important here is that you add it while the pasta is still hot. This way, the residual heat of the pasta will cook the eggs, but not so that they resemble scrambled eggs.
- 8The pasta will actually cook the egg enough to give you a silky smooth sauce.
- 9Toss together and loosen with a little of the reserved cooking water if necessary.
- 10Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with the Parmesan and the rest of the mint leaves, and serve as soon as possible.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamie Olivers Pasta Carbonara
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.4
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 81.4 mg
- Sodium 36.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: