1/1 Photo of Jamie Oliver's Meatballs
1 hr 15 mins
This is a cool meatball recipe. A little spicy, but still a classic meatball. I have cheated and used canned sauce sometimes, but definately don't skip the fresh basil and mozzerella.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 slices bread
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- fresh basil
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2In a large bown, mix together beef and pork.
- 3In a food processor, process the bread into crumbs, add to meat mixture.
- 4Add seasonings and egg, mix well.
- 5With wet hands roll mixture into balls.
- 6Warm a large saute pan over med. high heat.
- 7Add 3-4 tablespoons oil to the pan.
- 8Fry the meatballs until nicely browned on all sides.
- 9Transfer to a 9 by 13 baking dish.
- 10Chop onion and saute with garlic in 1 tbsp oil.
- 11Add tomatoes and about 1/2 cup torn basil and simmer 10 minutes.
- 12Pour over meatballs.
- 13Top with mozzerella and parmesan.
- 14Drizzle with olive oil.
- 15Bake until cheese is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- 16Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package, and drain.
- 17Serve meatballs with spaghetti.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamie Oliver's Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1353.4
- Calories from Fat 652
- Total Fat 72.5 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 229.1 mg
- Sodium 839.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.6 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 68.5 g