Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a lovely pasta dish from Jamie's Dinners, the Jamie Oliver recipe book. I make it when I feel like a tasty pasta but can't be bothered slavign away for ages.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 5 tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh basil
- 1⁄2 cup olive (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the spaghetti and cook it until al dente - approx 10 minutes.
- Chop tomatoes, basil, rocket, and olives however you like, chunks, slices, etc.
- Put all these in individual bowls.
- Add vinagar, oil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep tasting till you get it right!
- The pasta should be reday by now, so drain and add to bowls quickly.
- Stir everything together and serve with parmesan cheese and fresh Italian bread, if you like.
- Note: You can use any type of pasta you like, I just choose spaghetti.
I made this on a week night. it was very good and fresh tasting. FYI rocket is known in the US as arugula.
I was confused at first because I was expecting to cook something besides the spaghetti! It was great and my kid said it was awesome!!! Great, quick and filling!!!
very good and easy. I make this all the time when I'm too lazy.