Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
One is never enough! If you don't like the walnuts replace with dried cherries, apricots or pecans.
- 0.22 lb dark chocolate, broken
- 0.28 lb butter
- 4 large eggs
- 0.66 lb caster sugar
- 0.22 lb self raising flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 0.28 lb shelled walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F.
- Grease a 20x20 baking tin fit butter and cut a piece of baking parchment to fit the bottom.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or bowl over a pan.
- While melting mix eggs, sugar, flour and salt in a bowl. Add the butter/chocolate mix and the walnuts.
- Fold together, be careful not to overmix.
- Pour into the cake tin and cook for 15 - 18 minutes They should have a crust on but still be a bit wobbly.
- Cool and cut into squares, dust with some icing sugar.
Very easy very quick, thank you. I made a few changes though -- I didn't have/know what caster sugar was, so I used brown sugar, and I only used 3 eggs. Hubby loved it, I ate three squares, and I'll be making this again, because I love brownies and as I said, it was fast! Fine 'n Dandy
shocking, JO includes coco powder which this does not, 4 eggs is to much for a start. followed this and now im left with a gloppy choc mess in the middle. seriously bad one this. DO NOT USE!!