From jamie at home television series - he also has a frosting for these on his website, but I love them just plain. http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes/chefs/jamie-oliver/butternut-squash-muffins-with-a-frosty-top-recipe_p_1.html
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place squash in blender/food processor and finely chop.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender/food processor and process until combined.
- Fill muffin tin with mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
I thought that the flavor of these muffins was excellent but the texture was a bit odd. Very smooth, although I did not add nuts. They also sunk a little after baking. My 3 year old daughter loves them. Anything to get her to eat more vegetables! I will try this recipe again and maybe do a few tweaks.
I had made these muffins out of Jamie's book when I was at a friend's house, I liked them so much, so do the kids. I'm glad I found this recipe here.Thanks for posting!
My family and I enjoyed these muffins, but I thought they were a bit too oily and heavy. I used cream cheese frosting instead of the sour cream one that Jamie Oliver uses. Thanks for posting!