Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This recipe is from Savannah Country Cooking, Paula Deen's first cookbook. Her sons, Jamie and Bobby also have some killer recipes. This one is actually served in the restaurant, The Lady and Sons.
Top Review by Louisiana Susan
I also cheated a bit and used a store bought rotisserie chicken but followed the remainder of the recipe. Delicious as is! But the next day - I decided to add some fresh cilantro to the salad and that was even better!!
- 1 (2 -3 lb) roasting chickens
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons crazy salt (Jane's Krazy Mixed-up Salt)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 tablespoons chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the "Chicken" ingredients in a large stockpot with water to cover.
- Boil the chicken until tender; Reserve stock.
- Remove the chicken from the pot.
- Cool; remove skin, bones, and meat.
- Dice the chicken and stir together with the "Salad" ingredients and mix well.