Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This comes from my sister... who doesn't cook often, but when she does it is faboo!
- 1 lb great northern bean (or nave beans)
- 4 quarts water
- 1 lb cubed ham (or ham bone)
- 1 cup carrot, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (5 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) green chilies
- 2 red potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- wash and soak beans for 2 hours with heat (or soak over night).
- simmer uncovered 1 hour.
- add ham, potatoes, onions, carrots, celery.
- bring to a boil and simmer 1 hour.
- add remaining ingredients.
- bring to a boil and simmer 1 hour until thick.