Recipe by Um Safia
This is a great recipe by James Martin - one of my FAVOURITE chefs! It is perfect as a starter & very simple to put together.
- 500 ml vegetable oil
- 200 g goat cheese, cut into rounds
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 200 g breadcrumbs, mixed with
- 4 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oil in a deep pan for deep-frying (CAUTION: Hot oil can be dangerous, do not leave unattended).
- Dip the goats' cheese in the flour, then the egg and then in the thyme breadcrumbs. Place in the fridge to chill for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile, deep fry the rocket for 30 seconds and drain on kitchen towel.
- Deep-fry the crumbed goats' cheese for two minutes or until golden. Drain on kitchen towel.
- Serve the goats' cheese with the rocket scattered around the plate.