Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A wonderful, simple dish for two, from one of my favourite chefs. This makes a lovely light lunch if you serve it with a good tossed salad or a tasty breakfast! You can make mini versions of this for starters or appetizers too ;) Oh & it's ready in 15 minutes.............
- 6 even sized field mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 fresh red chili pepper, finely diced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 4 ounces taleggio (or any good melting cheese, gruyere, goats' cheese)
- 1 loaf ciabatta, loaf plain
- salt and pepper
- drizzle olive oil
- Cut the ciabatta in half - drizzle with olive oil and toast or griddle.
- Melt the butter in a pan - add the shallot, chilli, garlic, thyme and mushrooms.Pan fry on very high heat until cooked.
- Line the mushrooms up on the bread and lay slices of cheese over the top.
- Melt under a hot grill and serve.