Recipe by Um Safia
A beautiful dessert from one of my favourite chefs, This is not too complicated to put together & is a lovely indulgent treat!
- 1⁄2 ounce dark chocolate
- 5 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces caster sugar
- 6 eggs, separated
- extra butter, to grease the tin
For the passion fruit mousse
- 9 ounces mascarpone
- 2 ounces double cream
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 3 passion fruit (pulp)
- icing sugar
- cocoa powder
- 1 sprig of fresh mint
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven 180C/350F/Gas 4. Butter a 20cm/8in spring-bottomed cake tin with a removable base.
- Melt the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water.
- Whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks and in another bowl whisk the yolks with the sugar until pale.
- Add the chocolate mixture to the egg yolks and sugar and fold in the egg whites.
- Pour into the cake tin and bake for about 20 minutes. Cool and dust with icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- To make the passion fruit mousse, beat all ingredients together in a bowl until firm and serve.