2 hrs 20 mins
Cooking Beast's Note:
A delightful cheesecake; it's the perfect balance between sour cream and cream cheese. Creamy and tasty. You're sure to like this. From The New James Beard (1981).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix 1 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs with sugar and butter. Press into bottom and sides of a lightly buttered 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- 2Beat the cheese until soft and creamy. Add sugar and mix thoroughly.
- 3Blend in egg yolks one at a time.
- 4Add the sour cream, vanilla, flour, lemon zest and lemon juice. Mix well.
- 5Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir in one-third of whites into cheese mixture. Then fold the remaining whites in gently.
- 6Pour the cheese mixture into the prepared crust.
- 7Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F for one hour. Turn off the heat and allow the cheesecake to sit in the oven for one more hour.
- 8Remove to a wire rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- 9Sprinkle the remaining crumbs on top of the cake.
- 10Chill over night. Dust with confectioner's sugar just before serving, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for James Beard's Sour Cream Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 764.0
- Calories from Fat 494
- Total Fat 54.8 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 286.0 mg
- Sodium 549.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 42.7 g
- Protein 13.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: