Recipe by davinandkennard
I have served this so many times with excellent results. I am typing the recipe from my book, Menus for Entertaining published in 1965. It's wonderful on toast or as a spread.
- 1 lb cream cheese
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons juice
- lemon juice
- 3 (5 ounce) cansboneless skinless sardines in oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash the cream cheese and cream it throughly.
- Beat in the onion, parsley, chives and lemon juice.
- Mash the sardines and beat into the cheese mixture.
- Correct the seasoning.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Plate with additional parsley and lemon wedges.
- Serve on crackers, biscuits, or bread.