Recipe by KLHquilts
I got this from "Beard on Bread" many, many years ago. They're wonderful biscuits!
Top Review by Brenda C.
These biscuits are super easy to make, always come out perfectly and use ingredients that are easy to keep on hand. For a REAL treat, try frying them in a little butter in a cast iron skillet (pat a little thinner before cutting); just like old times!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder (double-acting)
- 177.44 ml heavy cream
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Fold in cream until it makes a soft dough that can be easily handled. (You may need to add up to a full cup of cream).
- Turn on to a floured board and knead for about one minute.
- I make these as drop biscuits: Take a large mound of dough (one heaping tablespoonful) and dip into melted butter.
- Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet spritzed with baking spray. Bake at 425 for 15-18 minutes.