Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this from "Beard on Bread" many, many years ago. They're wonderful biscuits!
Make and share this James Beard's Cream Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (double-acting)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Fold in cream until it makes a soft dough that can be easily handled. (You may need to add up to a full cup of cream).
- Turn on to a floured board and knead for about one minute.
- I make these as drop biscuits: Take a large mound of dough (one heaping tablespoonful) and dip into melted butter.
- Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet spritzed with baking spray. Bake at 425 for 15-18 minutes.
These biscuits are super easy to make, always come out perfectly and use ingredients that are easy to keep on hand. For a REAL treat, try frying them in a little butter in a cast iron skillet (pat a little thinner before cutting); just like old times!
Tasty & quick recipe. I used 2 tsp baking powder, 'kneaded' the dough in the bowl, and pinched off biscuits, patted them into shape, and baked for 11 minutes @ 400F. They were high & light.