1/2 Photos of James Beard's Cream Biscuits
I got this from "Beard on Bread" many, many years ago. They're wonderful biscuits!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift dry ingredients together.
- 2Fold in cream until it makes a soft dough that can be easily handled. (You may need to add up to a full cup of cream).
- 3Turn on to a floured board and knead for about one minute.
- 4I make these as drop biscuits: Take a large mound of dough (one heaping tablespoonful) and dip into melted butter.
- 5Arrange biscuits on a baking sheet spritzed with baking spray. Bake at 425 for 15-18 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for James Beard's Cream Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (25 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 130.4
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 20.3 mg
- Sodium 290.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 2.4 g