Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Adapted from How to Eat Better for Less Money. The cheese keeps the meat moist as well as flavoring it.
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 29.58 ml onions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml black pepper
- 158.51 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Form into 8 patties.
- Grill, broil or pan-saute 5-6 minutes on each side, or until meat reaches desired doneness.
A really good burger recipe. I made mine in the George Foreman grill but I have to say I do prefer having a slice of cheese on top of the burger instead of inside the burger. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag game.
Yes, these are 5-star burgers. Pan sauteed them. They came out moist and tasty. Better than your average burger! Especially topped with a little extra cheese. Glad I came across this recipe Thanks . . . Janet
Good burgers! Made on the grill.